A couple of tees

I bet you have heard people referring to tee shirts and jeans as mums' uniform? Well, my mum uniform needed an update. While it is unlikely that you will see me sewing my own jeans in the near future, tee shirts are easy!


The first tee I made was this Relaxed tee from Kommatia patterns. I loved everything about this pattern - the fit, the hemline, the cuffs, the neckline... Everything!


I promise the shoulders are even and there is no puckering! I carried the camera bag on one shoulder and forgot to adjust the tee before taking pics. Oops!

I made the tee in size S according to my body measurements from gorgeous viscose/elastine knit purchased from House of Cloth. This fabric is super soft, it has wonderful drape, and I am crazy about the colour!


I am not sure if my fabric has anything to do with the way the tee looks at the back. The hemline rides up when I wear it, but since I can't see it I decided to not worry about it. (Edited: it doesn't ride up as much as this photo show).

The neckline took a little effort as I have never sewed a V-shaped neckline before. It was fun though, in a sewing nerdy way. I learned a new skill making this tee! Whoo-hoo, go me!


Overall I am very pleased with this tee. 


As soon as I finished sewing my first tee I decided to make another one, a simple fitted tee. The choice of a pattern was easy. I decided to go with the Idyllwild top and dress pattern* from Itch to Stitch. I made a long sleeved version last year and loved it. This tee is made from Art Gallery knit I got from House of Cloth a couple of years ago.


This is a very comfy tee. The fit is spot on, and it was very easy to make. The pattern has a few views which makes it suitable for any season. I am certain I will reach for this pattern again.

* indicates affiliated links.

8 comments

  1. Love that top tee! The colour is gourgeous indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I will make this top again for sure! And I still have a fair bit of this gorgeous fabric left :D

      Delete
  2. Great tees! The drape on the green one looks lovely. As far as the back pooling, I have that a lot too and it indicates a sway back adjustment. But as the adjustment involves a center deal down the back I generally also just ignore the pooling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you very much Masha! I was wondering if I needed this adjustment since making Uptown/Downtown dresses last year. I just wasn't too sure. Are there any good tutorials you can recommend?

      Delete
  3. They both look great, and I really wouldn't worry about the back of the v-neck t-shirt - it looks fabulous. As a v-neck t-shirt enthusiast (and fellow mum-uniform-wearer), I'm going to have to check out that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marisa. The back doesn't look near as 'up' as in the photo - I must have pulled the tee while walking/unpacking the camera/something else. it pulls up a little but not enough to get me all upset about it. I only had a few pics of the back, all taken in one time, so all the same, really. So if you do decide to get this pattern, don't be alarmed :)

      Delete
  4. They both look great, and wow that v-neck looks perfect!! I really like the hem on the Kommatia one, too - and the name says it all: I'm all about "relaxed" haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.