You & Me - Imagine Gnats

Tonight I am super excited to have Rachael from Imagine Gnats posting for You & Me! I have a feeling Rachael creates 24/7. I love this cool Summer Concert Tee Rachael made for herself a couple of months ago. You have to see this gorgeous Little Betty top she made for her young queen of the animals :) Would you like to make your girl's hoodie more fun? Well, why not add kitty ears to it? Rachael tells you how.

I love this Patchwork Heart Pillow! I think my daughter would love one in her new room. I can hardly wait till I get a chance to try out one more of Rachael's tutorials - the Ceristy skirt. This skirt looks so comfy!

Please also visit Rachel's shop as she has wonderful patterns and gorgeous fabrics to tempt you with!

* * *

hi, Rachael here from imagine gnats, and I'm excited to be here today to share what I made for you & me! I have two daughters, Brenna (6) and Kahlin (9), and they both love to wear handmades, though I confess I am afraid this may end at any moment. so I'm taking full advantage while I can, and I'm proud to say that they both wear something handmade most every day.

  you and me header

my girls love pretty nightgowns, and their summer wardrobes were found to be sadly lacking anything new, pretty, or nightgown-ish... I figured that if we're all going to coordinate, we might as well do it in the privacy of our own home! so, what did I make? I made nightgowns for the girls, using the ethereal dress pattern from Figgy's. this is the first time I used this pattern, and now I want to use it for everything!! the construction is clean and neat and smart, and I am a huge sucker for that! these nightgowns came together so quickly and the fully lined bodice makes for such a clean and comfortable garment. I'll definitely be using this pattern again.

  brenna you and me

I stripped the pattern down to bare bones, making the sleeveless version and eliminating the front ruffle. the pattern calls for a button closure, which I was able to do without by cutting the back neckline a few inches deeper than the pattern calls for. because these silly girls of mine are built so differently, the size 6/7 bodice was the perfect size for both 6yo Brenna and 9yo Kahlin. both girls requested long nightgowns, which is fine with me... hopefully that means they'll fit for a while!

  kahlin you and me

for the skirts of the nightgowns, I used some lovely fabrics from my shop... heathered grey double gauze for Brenna's and cotton tencel chambray in black for Kahlin's. both of these fabrics are amazing for summer clothing, light and airy and oh so comfy too. the girls wore them right to bed after we took these pics. success!!

  indelible pjs

the fabric for both bodices and my shorts is from Indelible by Katarina Rocella for Art Gallery Fabrics. I was lucky enough to grab a bundle of these fabulous prints while at quilt market last month, and I am just smitten with every single one of the prints in this line.

  indelible juba shorts

so, my shorts! I have been on a shorts mission of late, and these shorts are one pair of quite a few versions of a new pattern I've made over the last week. the juba shorts {for women} are now in testing, with a men's pj shorts version soon to follow! pj's for the whole family, I say :) this pair I made with a super soft elastic waistband, though I will say that I prefer the drawstring front/elastic casing back versions that I've made a teeny bit better... I mean, gathering at the front of your shorts isn't always the most flattering. but hey, pjs! and they're comfy as anything.

  you and maybe me2

thanks Jenya for having me and giving me a great excuse to make some fancy pjs for my sweet girls! happy stitching! xo, rachael

* * *

Rachael, thank you very much for taking part in the series. The nightgowns you made for the girls and your shorts look great. I absolutely love the fabrics. I hope your girls will continue wearing handmade clothes!

Pin It

14 comments

  1. thank you, Jenya!!! I had so much fun making these outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being a part of the series Rachael :) I loved reading your post! Isn't it great to be able to make something our kids like :)

      Delete
  2. These are gorgeous Rachel! Thanks for the inspiration - my 2yo would love a floaty nightgown and I didn't think of using one of the many summer dress patterns I seem to have been testing and sewing of late!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Renee! I'm super happy with how the use a dress pattern for a nightgown experiment turned out :)

      Delete
  3. They are lovely! I love the fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and totes love the matchy-matchyness. I wonder if we will crack up in 10 years time and consider this like a bad 80s Christmas portrait? I don't think we will cause you are all gorgeous and it isn't too matchy! Lovely Rachael!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! I do always wonder what things we'll look back on and say... "oh, what were we thinking?" ;)

      Delete
  5. Hi Jenya
    If you still need pattern testers for either/or the women's and men's shorts, I'd love to participate. I've been on the lookout for lounge shorts for my niece who just finished a brutal year of chemo and well, this is her request. So far I haven't found anything either of us are particularly fond of. I may be reached at dianebevis at gmail dot com.
    Thanks!
    PS, I just completed the Martha Pullen Teacher Licensing for Beginner Sewers

    ReplyDelete
  6. What perfect makes, Rachael! You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so pretty and comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.