Jeune twin set

A little while back my friend Suz, the talented lady behind Sewpony, shared a secret with me. She said she was working on a pattern that she wanted to release as a surprise. She asked a few ladies to help her test the pattern. For a little while a few of us whispered in secrecy, sewed the pattern, shared feedback... Today is the day we stop whispering. Our little project is no longer a secret. Today Suz released her newest pattern, the Jeune twin set.


The set consists of two pieces, a top and a skirt. Both pieces have a couple of options, which is a bonus. The pattern is aimed at a beginner sewist. The pattern also has pieces to make a matching set for a doll!


My little girlie mostly wears size 18 months, but I already pulled out a couple of size 2 dresses that I made for her sister a few years ago. For reference, her chest measures at 53 cm and she is around 91 cm tall, which puts her at the upper end of size 18 months in Sewpony patterns. You can refer to a size chart here


I made the top in size 18 months. Please note that the top is designed to be short, so if you would like it longer just add a couple cm in length.


To make the top I used printed lawn that I had in my stash for a few years. My big girlie never liked this fabric. She said the print looked like eggs. Well, my big girlie was not keen on the egg print, however my little one loved it! I have a feeling she was attracted to the bright colours. 


I used a leftover piece of lightweight denim for the skirt. I decided to make the skirt in size 2 so my little girlie can wear it for a little longer. I think she is only one more growth spurt away from reaching size 2 anyway!

I didn't have enough fabric for the pockets, so I jazzed the skirt up by mimicking topstitching. I pulled two threads through a needle, pink and orange. I also added a little bow with wooden beads as a fun detail.


For the next 48 hours you can get a 10% discount on the Jeune twin set pattern by entering the code JEUNERELEASE10 at checkout.

A few of us conspirators are sharing what we have made with the Jeune pattern, so please visit Mijke, Audrey, Annick, Fabienne, Katrien, MariaDaisy, Marjolein, Tinne and Deborah. Also, feel free to check out #jeunepattern and #jeunetwinset on Instagram for more inspiration!

Thanks for inviting me to take part in this little secret project Suz :)

5 comments

  1. That pattern is perfect for her! I just would like to mention that I lovelove bright colored blouse too, in case you have doubts about that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this set! Thanks for all your help Jenya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely set! <3 for bright fabrics combined with denim!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.