I Am Cupidon

Autumn in Australia is all about layering. My wardrobe was lacking a lightweight sweater or a cardigan for when it just starts to cool down.


I haven't been sewing for myself for very long, so I don't have 'go to' pattern designers just yet. At the moment I am trying and experimenting with styles, fit and fabrics, and having fun in the process.


I had my eye on I Am patterns for some time. They have a few things I like. I bought the Cupidon sweater pattern last spring but haven't got around to sewing it until now. I constantly over estimate how much time I have to sew or blog! Once I got to making this sweater it didn't take much time at all! The pattern only has a few pieces and I constructed the whole thing on the overlocker. I would have preferred a few more notches, but overall it is a very easy and fun project.


I made a straight size 38 as per my measurements. I used polyester/linen sweater knit from Spotlight. I bought this fabric last year out of curiosity. I have never sewed with sweater knits and did not know what to expect. Turns out this fabric is pretty easy to handle.


I love this hemline! Actually, the hem was my only hiccup point. I needed to shorten the hem band piece for the hemline to sit nicely. Because all knits behave differently it might worth to baste the hem band in place first to see if it looks OK. If I did that I would have saved a little time unpicking an overlocked seam and redoing it. But all's well that ends well, right?


I hand stitched the collar pieces in place at a cross over point to prevent the collar from opening and moving with me. It is a personal preference.


I think my Cupidon sweater looks shorter than a pattern cover. I am 170 cm tall for the record. I actually really like this length. If I was to make this pattern in a heavier fabric I would have considered lengthening it a little, but for a lightweight transitional piece I feel it is perfect as is.


I have already got to wear my Cupidon sweater a few times and it felt very comfortable! Well, that's a win in my books.

7 comments

  1. Absolutely perfect:):) looks great and just what I need too. Have jumped on line IMMEDIATELY and bought the pattern. I saw some great viscose knit in Spotlight a couple of days ago but decided their wasn’t enough body in it for a sloppy joe but now I know exactly what to make. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca. I hope you will enjoy this pattern! I know what knit fabric you are talking baout, I have my eye on it also! I am waiting for it to go on sale ;)

      Delete
  2. It looks great on you! I think tacking the neckline was the right move. It would be annoying to have to adjust it all the time, butbyou nipped that potential problem in the bud. And yay for selfish sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was necessary with little adorable energetic creatures I get to chase around haha

      Delete
  3. Ты моя красотулечка!Люблю!!! Целую!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.