I miss summer

It is not even winter yet and I already miss summer! So please allow me to share one more summer project before I have to accept the reality that the heating season has started :)

A few months ago Marte from Compagnie M was just about to launch her paper patterns. Marte wanted to make sure everything was spot on before sending files to be printed. I was happy to help her test the Mara blouse pattern again.


It is not a secret I love this pattern. I have already used it three times - HERE as a summer blouse, HERE as a dress and HERE as a winter blouse.



I wanted to try something different this time and used ricrac to highlight the yoke instead of piping. I think I like it! The blouse is made from printed cotton I purchased at my local Spotlight. I have a feeling it was one of the Retro Depot prints.


The blouse looked super cute paired up with Little Monkey's Clover shorts.


The new Mara blouse was a popular choice for my daughter for a while. Then she started asking for 'that dress' pointing at the blouse. You see, last summer she decided she did not want to wear shorts and pants and only wanted to wear dresses and skirts.


I tried to convince her that the blouse would look super cute with her shorts. I guess I pushed too hard because she ended up rejecting the blouse. Its only fault was the fact it was not a dress!


Both the blouse and the shorts only got worn a few more times after that and then retired.


I still love the pattern. Maybe I should make a winter Mara dress for Little Monkey.


Do your children go through stages when they decide they would only wear certain clothes?

Pin It

20 comments

  1. I would totally wear that blouse if it were in my size, Jenya. Love the style, the fabric and the red ric rac finishes it off perfectly. Ha, ha.. I wouldn't wear it if were a dress, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Pam. I think a dress in this fabric would have looked more like a nighty! I have some vintage brushed cotton that would look good as a Mara dress, but I am not sure LM would approve the colour. I am raising a picky little thing hehe

      Delete
  2. Forgot to say... gorgeous photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I really love this top and the rick rack is a lovely addition. Such a beautiful portrait of your daughter up there, too! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel :) I had a lot of photos of the back of the blouse because she kept on running away from me, but I too am very pleased with a few pf these pics :) I think I will use ricrac more often now! Also, is it ric rac, ricrac or rick rack?

      Delete
  4. Love the ricrac and the way it really makes a feature of the yoke. Gorgeous girl and top :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marisa :) I have heaps of ricrac at home. I bought it ages ago to decorate a lamp shade, but we since broke it (oops), so I'd better find ways to use up all the ricrac :)

      Delete
  5. Argh! I miss the summer looking at these cute photos - I think I recognise the location too ;) Perfect stitching as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had frost on grass yesterday in the morning - nooooo!!! I thought you might recognise the location ;) A great place to snap pics of unwilling models wile they are busy watering the garden :) Thank you about your kind words about my stitching :)

      Delete
  6. I miss summer too ... that red ric-rac .... swoon! Gorgeous top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy :) Only a few months before it is warm again...

      Delete
  7. Jenya, it is a lovely blouse! indeed that ricrac add an excellent detail. It is very beautiful and have this vintage feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria. I cannot help it :) I love vintage or vintage inspired looks :)

      Delete
  8. Sweet top, love the use of the ric rac! Too bad it only got worn few times. Little girls have their own ideas of what looks good... My daughter has several clothes she has only worn few times, and I only hope they get better use after I give them away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we can't get it right all the time. I am keeping this one for now in case the new bub is a girl. If not, I am sure another little girl will love wearing it :)

      Delete
  9. It's beautiful Jenya! I love the ric rac peeking out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suz. I have so much ricrac and I think I have only used it three times! I think I will use it more often now.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.