Perfect Pattern Parcel - the Syrah skirt

A few days ago I wrote about the Julia cardigan, one of the patterns in the Perfect Pattern Parcel for ladies. Today I would like to show you my new skirt.


This is the Syrah skirt designed by Lauren Dahl/Selvage Designs.

The Syrah skirt pattern offers a few options - maxi/hi-lo or below knee length, ruched or flat waistband, built in slip. I love Teresa's version, and how fun is Erin's skirt!


I made my skirt from charcoal Ponte. I used Ponte to make the Aster cardigan for my daughter, so I knew how this fabric would behave. It is relatively thick, so I omitted lining. We are heading into summer here in Oz, so I opted for a knee length version.


Oops forgot to suck my tummy in!


This skirt is so comfortable I could live in it! I will definitely be making more - I really want a maxi version. I think I also need to make a few decent tops.


Patterns included in this Perfect Pattern Parcel are:
Bronte Top by Jennifer Lauren
Hudson Pant by True Bias
Julia Cardigan by Mouse House Creations
Syrah Skirt by Lauren Dahl/Selvage Designs
Zsálya Top and Dress by Kate and Rose

If you choose to pay USD 32 or more, you will also be sent a bonus pattern, the Odette Dress by Bluegingerdoll. This offer is only available until the 31st of October 2014.

Pattern Parcel #6: Choose your own price and support DonorsChoose. Win/win

Pin It

18 comments

  1. Gorgeous!! I also think you are getting more comfortable in front of the camera, you are definitely looking more at ease than some of your earlier wardrobe pictures. How does Ponte behave with wrinkling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alisa. This was our second go at a photo shoot, I just wanted to get it over and done with hahaha I don't think Ponte wrinkles much. I am learning that there is Ponte and there is Ponte. This stuff is mostly rayon, but I have seen fabric made mostly from polyester that also was labelled Ponte :/ I really am so new to sewing with knits, I don't really know a lot... I just learn as I go :)

      Delete
  2. This looks so comfortable! I'm always on the look out for comfortable, yet stylish knit projects. Love both the top and skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacey. This skirt is super comfortable! I got some fabric today to make a maxi version :)

      Delete
  3. I love wearing skirts just like this and have been having a hard time finding them here. Hmmmm perhaps I need to start self-sewing. Your skirt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel. Do you sew for yourself? I see a lot of gorgeous creations for kids on your blog. I was very excited to sew up this skirt. Not only was I sewing something I liked and knew I would wear a lot, I was also sewing stretchy fabric! It was a bit of a big thing :)

      Delete
  4. You look great (as always)! Love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Veronica :) I bought fabric to make a maxi version!

      Delete
  5. Nice skirt.
    SSB https://facebook.com/sassysewingbees

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice skirt! And, hmm, I was really looking hard to figure out where the tummy went you were talking about. It has magically disappeared! Either that, or you don't have any :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mieke hahah The tummy is definitely there! Glad to hear it is more noticeable for me than to others ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.