LOL swing top and Satya shorts

When Jenn from Jennuine Design released the LOL swing top pattern it was love at first sight. This gorgeous top has a classic A-line front, racerback yoke and nearly half circle back. It can be sewn in either woven or knit fabric. Despite falling in love with this top it took me a very long time to finally sew it.


The funny thing is that when the pattern was first released I did not even consider sewing it in knit. I was too intimidated by stretchy fabric. Fast forward a couple of years and now I can't get enough of knits!


I used the most delicious Elephant Blue jersey by Froy and Dind from MaaiDesign. The quality of this fabric is simply outstanding. I thought the print and colour were perfect for a fun little outfit for a cheeky explorer. I used white ribbing from MaaiDesign also.


I love the back of this top. Yes I did slightly pull it out of shape (I still have so much to learn!) but it actually is not noticeable when Baby L is moving.


This is the last post when I can refer to my little girlie as a baby. A few weeks earlier she took her first steps however decided that walking was over-rated and crawling would get her places quicker. With less falling, too. Shortly after these photos were taken she changed her mind and started walking. I now have a toddler in the house! A Toddler with a capital T nonetheless!


This little girlie is a tireless explorer. She does exactly what one would expect of a curious energetic little person. And she does it with so much passion!


Our Christmas tree is currently her favourite research subject. She is experimenting with the placement of decorations and their durability. She is also a keen interior designer and uses her skills in this area to prettify our house for the festive season. I mean, everyone needs a few colourful baubles in their knickers drawers, right?


I might be crazy, but I adore this stage! Despite the mess and the fact a few things were strategically placed in the toilet, toddlerhood is such an amazing period. While Baby L is busy learning about the world, we are discovering more about her personality.


I made a pair of Satya shorts also by Jennuine design to go with the LOL swing top. While Baby L is a keen explorer and interior designer, her modelling skills require some practice. I tried my best to take a few decent photos of the shorts, but it was practically impossible. You can see more details in this post on Instagram. The pattern offers great options. I made regular fit shorts with front pockets only. I used denim chambray for the shorts and printed poplin for the pockets and waistband lining, both from Spotlight.


I love this little outfit, and I adore my little explorer. I have already made her one more pair of Satya shorts. I want to make her another LOL swing top. Both patterns are fantastic, fun to sew and comfy to wear.

9 comments

  1. She is adorable!! Those baby years go so quickly, don't they? But I'm with you, I really love early toddlerhood. I think 2 and 3 are my favorite ages so far. Such a wonderful time, and I love her sweet outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emi. I can't believe how quickly my babies grow!

      Delete
  2. Oh so sweet. I love her chubby little legs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just so cute! Such a big change now that she is standing up. Indeed a lovely age. And I love what you made of course ;)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maaike. I have some of this fabric left, just need to decide what to make :D

      Delete
  4. Oh, how cute can it be ;-X. Enjoy every moment (haha, who's talking to you ;-)) cause they're so precious!!! It's great to see sunny pictures, btw. Here it's almost wintertime ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) This time is so precious indeed! She provides us with so much laughter! We had such a long and cold winter I am soaking up the sun finally :)

      Delete
  5. Aw the shorts are adorable and the top is classic. She is such a cutie. And go you for embracing the toddler stage! I found it to be challenging. You'll never regret enjoying it! I always tried to enjoy it too, but some days I did better than others! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel :) This is a perfect outfit for a busy toddler during hot months :) I too have great days and days when I just feel like the worst mama in the world.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.