The very pink London pants

Oh, the things we do for love! Some climb mountains, write songs, give up certain foods, move across the globe or tattoo their loved one's name on their bodies...

... I made a pair of pink pants.


Yep, as pink as they get. Because I love my daughter. And because she now likes pink. She spotted this pink corduroy on my fabric shelf and straight away claimed it as hers. So While she was sleeping I turned pink corduroy into a pair of funky London pants with lots of pockets and buttons! When I showed Little Monkey her new pants she said she loved them and that they looked like her daddy's. I think I have a few questions for my husband!

The London pants by Petite Kids Boutique is a lovely pattern that is suitable for both boys and girls. It features a flat front with pockets, side pockets and adjustable length. Enough pockets and buttons to keep Little Monkey happy. As for me, I love the flat front and the fact the pants can be rolled up or let down, which is super convenient at this time of year when temperatures may fluctuate dramatically.

We usually test Little Monkey's new clothes on playgrounds. Her new London pants were tested at...


I got tickets to the Australian Grand Prix as a Birthday present for my husband last year. We all enjoyed the trip and decided to make it an annual family event. So last Sunday we got up bright and early and headed to Albert Park to see 'a lot of fast cars', according to Little Monkey.


I was very pleased with how well Little Monkey's London pants performed. She seemed very comfortable in them. They fit her like a glove! It is a pity she was not in the mood to be photographed.


It was a cool day, but I still wanted to take a few photos of the pants rolled up.



My mum knitted the cardigan Little Monkey is wearing in these photos. She is very talented! Little Monkey stayed nice and warm, and looked oh so cute!

Just like last year, we all enjoyed the Grand Prix. After the race we got to check out the track. Obviously, the best photos are taken on race circuits when unwilling models are too busy having fun to care their mums are going crazy taking photos!








Thank you Petite Kids Boutique for supplying me with this lovely pattern for the review! It is a well designed pattern with clear instructions. I had a lot of fun sewing these pants.

I declare the season of cool pants for cooler weather open!

Pin It

31 comments

  1. I love your pink pants :) They turned out so nicely, sometimes keeping our pink obsessed children happy requires a little bit of intense sewing. I have this pattern I have to admit the waistband assembly really trips me up, other than that very nice pant pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the waistband bit was a bit different, but it worked in the end.

      Delete
  2. Love those pants great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. This really is a simple pattern, but the final result doesn't look too simple :) Gotta love it :)

      Delete
  3. oooooh I haven't heard of this pattern company before. These are so cute - I love the contrasting fabric when the legs are rolled up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Renee :) I was hoping for a warmer day so she could run around with her pants rolled up... Oh well, another time :)

      Delete
  4. Need to get this pattern right away! I'll try to keep these pictures away from my girls or they will be claiming a very pink version too (although they turned out lovely! pink is not that bad :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mieke. I am starting to wonder if the love for all things pink is a normal part of development. I don't mind pink, as long as there are other colours still present :)

      Delete
  5. They're so cute and your little girl is just adorable! I love the candy too it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mel :) The cardi is oh so soft! There are little pink rocking horses on the buttons which LM adores :)

      Delete
  6. Sweet!! LM is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are really really cute I love the combination of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenya! These pants are sooo adorable, what a great job! I lovee the lining and the fact you can change them into capris. Is that your husband in the pictures? hubba hubba, nice job there as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alisa :) Yes that's my sweetest husband. A lot of people tell me LM looks like me, but I still think she is a little copy of her daddy... with my eyes :)

      Delete
  9. Super cute!! I love this pattern. Made a pair for my then-two year old and they were too long for him so he wore them rolled up for over a year. Now he can almost unroll them! Too fun. Love these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christy. I think I will need to make the next pair longer as although LM is skinny, she is pretty tall. Gotta love it when kids get more than a year out of a pair of pants!

      Delete
  10. Lovely trousers - missy needs some, she's got too many dresses now, and they might just work for my son . Also I love the pix! I love that you were at the grand prix, full of fast cars and motor maniacs and you were taking pix for a sewing blog! Somehow I think that's hilarious! As soon as I get a camera :-( I'm going to try some more I usual photo options!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean 'unusual ' photo locations , not 'usysal' , Doh!

      Delete
    2. haha I understood you meant to say 'unusual locations' :) We did take pics of fast cars as well ;) My husband is a F1 fan, and I think he passed the love for motor sport on to her on some genetic level!

      Have you had any luck camera shopping?

      Delete
  11. Those pants are absolutely fabulous. Love the turn up option as well. Great job Jenya. Oh and I adore her knitted cardigan as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :) The love for sewing/knitting skips a generation in my family. My great grandmother loved knitting. My grandmother loved sewing. My mum loves knitting... I have a sewing blog ;)

      Delete
  12. Oh! Pinky pants, I hope those days won´t come to soon to my home. I was a pink obsesed.
    Love the pants and the roll up option and with a lot of pockets and buttons. Hihihi.
    I never heard before of these patterns. I will go to check them. And, I have to say, I love more the cardigan, is so pretty. Your mother has talent knitting. I guess she made it in short time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am wondering if LM's love for pink is really copying her little friends. When I was asking her today what colours she wants in her room, she said she wanted all of them, like a rainbow. I like that answer haha

      My mum is a brilliant knitter! She made up a pattern herself. When she is knitting it seriously looks like her hands have a life of their own! I think she can knit with her eyes shut, she is that good.

      Delete
  13. Although I don't really like pink... well yeah, it's true... I liked the pants, the pattern seems to be awesome and well done mom for doing what she requested. Also, the cardigan your mom did looks so good, congrats to her too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Magda. When she pinched that fabric my initial thought was, "Oh no! No way! Not THAT pink". But since I don't want to waste time making something she would not want to wear, I went ahead and used the fabric she was going crazy about. There is a little bit of this fabric left, maybe just enough to make a blanket for her dolly... not that she play with dolls haha

      Delete
  14. Great photo of you and Little Monkey, Jenya. I think all little girls go through a pink stage. The pants look fabulous, especially with the pop of colour when they are rolled up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Pam :) The pink stage is now over. It is all about rainbows now hahaha

      Delete
  15. Oooh, I really like this pattern! It's like the best of the Coastal Cargos and the Parsley Pants, combined!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great pattern! Great for any season, really (unless it is really hot).

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.