Special fabric, yummy cakes and first ever guest post

Two years ago, in September 2011, I sent my family broke and bought a sewing machine. I started sewing as soon as I managed to get it going (there was actually an issue with one of the settings).

AllFreeSewing was one of the first sites I came across when I was very new to sewing. I was amazed to see such a vast collection of wonderful projects. I spent hours reading tutorials. I was grateful to sewaholics around the globe for sharing their skills and tips... I still am a huge fan of the site!

Today I feel privileged to be a part of the Sewing Month celebrations and proud to be a guest contributor on FaveCrafts blog. Please follow the link to read what I believe special fabric and yummy cakes have in common.




8 comments

  1. I'm glad you are now a sewist...and thats such a Cute picture of your little girl, Jenya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa :) I cannot imagine life without sewing now :)

      Delete
  2. I'm sure your grandmother would be very proud and happy to see what this fabric has become. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Jenya and lucky girl to have all that fabric to play with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. This fabric is super special. I love the fact that I can make soemthing for LM out of her great grandma's fabric.

      Delete
  4. How wonderful to have this great memory of your grandmother. And your creations are darling! I've been using some of my grandmother's extra quilting fabric, but it tends to be more 80's calico than vintage :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.